[FFmpeg-user] The shared host is running on Red Hat 4.4.7-3.

georgesjeandenis georges at lespointscom.com
Tue Apr 30 06:22:16 CEST 2013

All these packages have successfully installed:
- presetup.sh, autoconf.sh, automake.sh, libtool.sh, libiconv.sh, libpng.sh,
libjpeg.sh, zlib.sh, libwmf.sh, freetype.sh, gettext.sh, gd.sh, ruby.sh,
flvtool2.sh, lame.sh, codecs.sh, libogg.sh, libvorbis.sh, vorbis-tools.sh,
libtheora.sh, amrnb.sh, amrwb.sh, liba52.sh, facc.sh, faad2.sh.

That's exactly all the files just before ffmpeg itself!

I know the error has to do with a library. However, I'm not familiar with
libraries. The error message says:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/xxxxx/lib/libz.a(compress.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/home/xxxxx/lib/libz.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

BUT, when I look at my zlib log file(sharedhostffmpeg.1.0.2.log.15939), no
errors show up.