[FFmpeg-user] getting latest version of ffmpeg to work with Roku

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Tue Aug 6 16:35:09 CEST 2013

On 8/5/2013 2:54 AM, Andrew Sinclair wrote:
> Not definitive but constrained baseline is an unusual profile for a HD
> encode and stands out in your "DOESN'T WORK" option, should try main or high
>
> If you want HD you should also drop the -s 640x360 bit

Thanks.  So I have tried multiple different baseline, tried scaling
different sizes, etc.  Tried even grabbing the latest and greatest
ffmpeg version (and x264) and the problem still existed.

In the end I found a working solution, albiet not with ffmpeg.  I
downloaded HandBrakeCLI and built it.  It encodes the videos just fine
and they play on all systems.  It appears that HB includes its own build
of h264 so I dont know if the problem is an ffmpeg problem or an h264
problem.  I dont have need the options with HB, but right now its the
only working solution I could come up with given my limited knowledge of
video encoding.