[FFmpeg-user] Writing an MP3 file fails only when piping output

Parsha Pourkhomami parshap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:46:30 CEST 2013

Tue Aug 6 12:40:20 CEST 2013, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Complete, uncut console output missing.

You're right. Sorry. See [1].

> Is the problem only reproducible with -acodec copy or also if you reencode?

The same issue exists when re-encoding. [2] Though, through this
exercise I've discovered that the problem is related to embedded
images in the mp3s. The failing files all have one or more mjpeg
streams in addition to the audio stream. If strip these out and keep
only the audio stream, it works. [3] I want to keep the embedded
images too though.

Thanks for the help.

[1]: https://gist.github.com/parshap/7e7d174db24ed061ae3b
[2]: https://gist.github.com/parshap/ba37d7ad1a61f2664846