[FFmpeg-user] Inverse Telecine with ffmpeg

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 02:35:25 CEST 2013

I'm trying to convert from mencoder to ffmpeg.  I can't
get the inverse telecine correct.  I did this command

    ffmpeg -i IN.avi -vf fieldmatch,decimate out.avi

But the input file has 33 percent more frames then the output file.
The input file should have 25 percent more frames, right?  Seems like
ffmpeg is dropping too many frames.

By contrast, this is how I did inverse telecine with mencoder:
    mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff -oac copy -vf filmdint -o OUT.avi -ofps 24000/1001 IN.avi

What's the correct way, or ways, to inverse telecine with ffmpeg?