[FFmpeg-user] Merging H263 videos

MatCam mathieu.multicam+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 11:36:00 CEST 2013

Hi I'm currently trying to merge 2 h263 videos.
When i try to merge them i firstly had only the first video available in the
merged version.

So following FAQ of FFMPEG, I tried to use intermediate format to avoid
merging problem due to file headers.

After many test here my command  (mpg is my intermediate format, is ts
better or faster ?)
ffmpeg.exe -threads 8 -i "1.mpg|2.mpg" -f mpeg -bufsize 1000k -maxrate 5000k
-b:v 500k  -vcodec h263 -s 704x576  output.mp4

As you can see I do weird stuff with bitrate and other rates to avoid errors
but even when i have no errors my video is empty (good duration but without
my video ...)

Could you show me an example of command line to simply merge Two ts (or mpg)
files in a h263 one ?

Thanks.

Sincerely
mathieu