[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to remove commercials from video file

jlundstocholm j+ffmpeg at lundstocholm.dk
Fri Aug 16 21:37:40 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

> ffmpeg -ss 213 -i MySourceMovie.m4v -c:v copy -c:a copy testoutput.m4v

This works great and drastically reduces the splitting-time - thank you :-)

For the record - my final script is this - if someone else should need to
try the same thing. It took a bit of trial'n error to figure out the correct
syntax and usage of the -to switch.

FFMPEG takes less than two minutes to remove commercials from a 2GB movie
splitting in 5 files.

At some point I would like to use a different switch than -to since it takes
a /duration/ and not a specific time in the movie - hence forcing me to
calculate this duration. But that's for (another) rainy day.