[FFmpeg-user] Convert from image to video very slow

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Aug 21 21:04:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:39:04 -0500
Dzung Nguyen <dzungng89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I convert from image to video, it's very slow, especially if the time
> is several minutes long. This command takes almost 30'
>
> ffmpeg -loop 1 -f image 2 -i image -q:v 1 -r 29.97 -t 438 output.mpg

You need to include the complete ffmpeg console output.

> Should I change the frame rate of the input image?

Default is "-r 25" for input. So you're telling ffmpeg to use "-r 25"
for input and "-r 29.97" (you should use "-r ntsc" or "-r 30000/1001"
instead of 29.97) for output resulting in duplication of frames to reach
your desired output frame rate. This may be desired in some cases. For
example you may want to input one frame per second, but you require a
specific output frame rate.