[FFmpeg-user] ~50% performance difference overlaying static image with png series using -vf/-filter_complex

d-fens d-fens at 00010111.de
Fri Aug 23 13:55:37 CEST 2013

Zitat von Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:

> On 8/23/13, d-fens <d-fens at 00010111.de> wrote:
>> Zitat von Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:

>>> Than change order of streams - make bg.png 2nd.
>>
>> well that puts the background over the sequence, its fast (15fps
>> processing) though :| but very static ...
>
> I didn't benchmark but I assume -loop takes most of time as it decodes
> same file over and over again.
> So instead adding looping of main input inside overlay it would be
> better to add generic solution:
> repeat filter which would repeat each frame [0-inf] times.

  yes, i also think the png gets re-read in a loop, maybe
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=6e643239d9956ce32888d87451706ee7c8757afa speeds it up a bit, but a repeat filter would be great or loop without the overhead. But just to be clear: there is no way to archive this with current -filter_complex
yet?