[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding MPEG-2 Multicast to MPEG-4 Multicast

Donald D. Dreber donaldd.dreber at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 05:27:58 CET 2013

Hello,

in order to transcode an MPEG-2 Multicast Transport Stream with MPEG-1 Layer 2 Audio
to H.264 with AAC audio Multicast TS with a given bitrate, how would the command line look like ?

example:
avconv -i udp://@239.100.0.1:1234?multicast=1  vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -f mpegts -re "udp://@239.101.101.1:1234?ttl=1&pkt_size=1316"

In addition, how do I point to a certain elementary stream, if multiple audio streams are available
(e.g: original language and english, with different PID's )

Thanks in advance for you help

Iam really glad when I can start downsizing the multicast.

Br, Dirk