[FFmpeg-user] Add Image to Streaming Audio

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Dec 5 02:43:32 CET 2013

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:25:35 -0800
Michael Davis <admin at network13.net> wrote:

> I am using the following command, which outputs audio only.

With what player(s)?

> The image is not looping as I expect.  If I can get the image portion
> added and/or to loop, the next step will be to set the video encoder
> to h.264 baseline 3.0 at a minimal frame rate.  But first things
> first…

Why not just try what you are wanting?

ffmpeg -re -loop 1 -i still.jpg -i http://localhost:8002/listen \
-vcodec libx264 -profile:v baseline -level 3.0 -pix_fmt yuv420p \
-acodec copy -hls_time 10 -hls_wrap 10 -hls_list_size 6 -f hls \
mp3.m3u8

I may be missing something, but that example may be a good starting
point.

> ffmpeg -re -loop 1 -i still.jpg -i http://localhost:8002/listen -acodec copy \
> -bsf h264_mp4toannexb -c:v copy -hls_time 10 -hls_wrap 10 -hls_list_size 6 \
> -f hls mp3.m3u8

You're trying to stream copy both inputs. I assume MJPEG video is not an
acceptable format for HLS.