[FFmpeg-user] convert video to mp3

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 11 14:32:55 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 14:58:43 +0800, ???????????? wrote:
> hello,
> how can i convert video 2 mp3 file?

I consider this impossible. If you are referring to what we usually
understand under "mp3", this is an audio format. You cannot "convert"
video to audio.

If you are looking for a filter which can create a sound which
"represents" the visuals in your video, I believe ffmpeg has no such
filter:
> ffmpeg -filters | grep -F 'V->A'

I think the other way is possible:
> ffmpeg -filters | grep -F 'A->V'
 ... avectorscope     A->V       Convert input audio to vectorscope video output.
 ... showspectrum     A->V       Convert input audio to a spectrum video output.
 ... showwaves        A->V       Convert input audio to a video output.

Moritz