[FFmpeg-user] BUG in use of extradata and extradata_size with dvb subtitles and teletext

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Thu Dec 19 16:07:42 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 02:01:57PM +0000, JULIAN GARDNER wrote:
> Im trying to work though the problems we have in converting teletext/dvbsubs to the various systems,

Cool, I'm looking forward this.

[...]
> 2. dvbsubs reencoded FAILS

[...]
> 3. dvbsubs copied FAILS
>
> Command line
> ffmpeg -i ../testStreams/bbc.ts -c:v libx264 -b:v 1300k -c:s copy -y -f mpegts a_dvb.ts
>
> This runs though the encode cycle but i have yet to find anything, vlc/ffplay/etc that will show the subtitles. Get "invalid subtitle stream id" in vlc
>
> Any ideas on the problem in number 2?
>
> I get onto number 3 when i have number 2 fixed.

Don't you think you should look at the the remuxing problem (3) instead of
the encoding first, since you need a correct demuxing/muxing for testing
this?

Anyway, for the record, details on these problems can be found in #2024
and #2989 at least. Thanks for your last comment in #2024 BTW.

So far we have only one working case: dvDsub → dvBsub transcoding. dvBsub
to dvBsub is broken in both transcoding (but potentially related to a
demuxing issue) and transmuxing.

--
Clément B.