[FFmpeg-user] CD-DTS

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 22 03:23:55 CET 2013

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> Ionel GARDAIS <igardais <at> yahoo.fr> writes:
>
> > $ ./ffmpeg -i input.aac -acodec dts -strict -2 -ar 44100 dts-output.wav
> > creates a 6-channel wav container for the DTS datas and
>
> The experimental dts encoder is unable to reach
> a given bitrate so this cannot work.

Otoh, the following may work in theory:
$ ffmpeg -i input.aac -strict -2 out.dts
$ ffmpeg -f s16le -ac 2 -i out.dts -acodec copy out.wav

(44100 is the default rate)
In my test the bitrate was correct to my surprise (1411 kb),
I believe it was completely off in the past.

This works with ffplay, testing with a hardware decoder is
very welcome!

Carl Eugen