[FFmpeg-user] mp4 muxing and libx264 GPL licensing

malikcis malik.cisse at gmx.net
Mon Dec 23 16:44:32 CET 2013

Hi,

I have written an MP4 muxer  (for H.264 elementary stream coming from a
compressed video capture card) using FFMPEG library like this:

video_codec = AV_CODEC_ID_H264;
codec = avcodec_find_encoder ();
avcodec_open2();
loop av_write_frame();

The muxer works just fine.
The problem is that this processing uses libx264 encoder although I don't
need the encoding features (the video is already compressed in the capture
card)
I need to avoid using libx264 because it is not LGPL.
Any thoughts how I can only use FFMPEG's muxing capabilities without setup
libx264 encoder?
Thanks,