[FFmpeg-user] Bitstream "h264_mp4toannexb" filter does not work

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Dec 26 10:46:26 CET 2013

Le sextidi 6 nivôse, an CCXXII, Andrey Mochenov a écrit :
> We are using FFmpeg libraries git-ee94362 libavformat v55.2.100. Our
> purpose is to mux two streams (video and audio) into M3U8 playlist using
> HLS.
> We are using AV_CODEC_ID_H264 output encoder, AV_PIX_FMT_YUV420P output
> video pixel format and CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER flag for the encoder.

AFAIK, HSL implies MPEG-TS, and MPEG-TS implies no global header. Can you
explain why you chose to use global header?

>    // We get ret = -22
>    char errbuf[128] = "";
>
>                         // Both the functions get "Error number -22
> occurred" that don't explain anything
>     av_strerror (ret, errbuf, 128);
>    av_make_error_string (errbuf, 128, ret);

There is something seriously wrong either in your libc or your build of
ffmpeg. You are not the first one to exhibit the problem. Please help to
understand and fix it, first by explaining your exact configuration (OS and
compiler, possibly config.h at build time).

> 1. What is the meaning of the "-22" error from av_bitstream_filter_filter()?

This is OS-specific.

> 2. Where can we get full FFMPEG error code description list?

The FFmpeg-specific codes are in libavutil/error.h, installed on your
system. The latest version is browsable:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=libavutil/error.h;hb=HEAD

The OS-specific error codes are... OS-specific, and can be found in your OS
documentation.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George