[FFmpeg-user] segfault in "xv" output format

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Dec 29 12:02:33 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 11:33:14 +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Thanks for the report. I just sent a patch to the mailing-list.

Thanks!

> Note: VNC supports the XVideo extension, but does not provide any adaptor,
> at least on my setup and probably yours.

So, judging from the patch, that is the actual issue?

Yes, in my report, there's output from xvinfo saying that there are no
adaptors present:

mbarsnic at hostname:/tmp/Bui/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-2013-12-25 > xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present

Darn, I thought I had previously successfully used XVideo on VNC. I
will re-check when I'm back online at work (this was on Real VNC
Enterprise edition).

I just discovered that NoMachine NX has the same issue an said VNC
session. mplayer, with "-vo xv", kindly reports:

[VO_XV] It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
[VO_XV] Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support and read
[VO_XV] DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#xv!
[VO_XV] See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers.
[VO_XV] Try -vo x11.

Okay, tough luck for me with the new ffmpeg "xv" output on my display
targets.

Thanks anyway!
Moritz