[FFmpeg-user] Proper way to reverse PAL Speed up?

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 3 18:01:27 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, now I've lost you. The sample I provided is from the same source and the same task is done with it supplying the same behaviour. The only reason I cut the original test sample was due to the limitation of datafilehost.com which is 100 MB.

The resulting videos are 23.976 fps with proper sound - so mainly it works. Still I wonder why I have to add an offset to the audio of about 250ms. Both results, without offset and with offset, I uploaded as well.

Because I have to find the proper offset by trial and error, I feel uncomfortable and search for a logical reason where it derives from.

If I missed something, please return to me with the things I need to supply additionally. From my point of view, everything I wanted to show can be seen and heard with the uploaded samples?!

>...it of course drops half of the
>input frames but that simply may be what you want) but
>given that I don't understand what you want to achieve,
>it is difficult for me to make suggestion

The source is a German TV Recording (ZDF HD) broadcast in 50fps. I indeed want to speed down to double ntsc-frame rate (asetpts, setpts) and drop every second frame (-r 24000/1001) to achieve true ntsc film rate. The same command line also works with 25fps input, but no frames are dropped - and concerning the video-audio offset, it behaves the same to my experience.

If it is of help I can record a small sample of a SD-station broadcasting in 25fps and apply the commands.

Kind regards
Bernd B.