[FFmpeg-user] is there a limit to the number of files in the concat filter?

Tom Sheffler tom.sheffler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:18:51 CET 2013

Hello,

I've had good success with the concat filter:

    ffmpeg -i concat:"file1|file2|file3" ...

and have used it with a variety of container formats.  My questions are
about whether there is a limit to how many files I can concatenate this way.

- Is there a limit to the number of files inside the ffmpeg code?
- Is there a practical limit due to a command-line limit in the Linux
shell? (I'm using Bash)
- Is there a way to script ffmpeg using a file instead of the command-line?

Thanks in advance,
Tom S.