[FFmpeg-user] RGB uncompressed: Which format to use?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Feb 17 10:52:47 CET 2013

On 02/13/2013 01:24 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Peter B. <pb <at> das-werkstatt.com> writes:
>
>> Is there any uncompressed codec and container capable
>> of containing the following pix_fmts?
>> PIX_FMTS_RGB8="rgb0 rgb24 bgr0 bgr24"
>> PIX_FMTS_RGB16="bgr48le bgr48be rgb48le rgb48be"
>>
>> I've tried using vcodec=rawvideo and AVI as
>> container (*), but with rgb48be
> nut should allow you to save all rawvideo formats.
> (I suspect avi is older than rgb48 and in any case,
> it only supports a limited set of rawvideo formats.)
NUT works fine for all the above mentioned RGB pix_fmts.
Thank you very much for the tip.

There seems to be a problem with bgrp10le being converted to rgb444le,
and decoded to false colors.
Nothing urgent (for me), but I thought I'd still create a trac-ticket
(#2274) for this [1].
Sounded a bit like issue #1058 [2].

Regards,
Pb