[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg License

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 20 09:54:02 CET 2013

mustafa atay <mustafaatay00 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I really do not have any idea how ffmpeg license is.

Please read the GPL and the LGPL (they are distributed
together with the FFmpeg source code) and please see
http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html

> We think we can sell this product max. 10 units in a year.

> We do not want to distribute our software to customer.

This is - imo - contradicting:
Are you planning to sell 10 units of your software
(that includes FFmpeg in some way)?
Or is the software (that includes FFmpeg) only
used inside your company and never distributed
to your customers?

(Don't forget that "usage" of FFmpeg is not
limited in any way, only binary distribution is.)

Carl Eugen