[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg h.264 long gop encoding and interlaced encoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Feb 23 00:33:10 CET 2013

Albert Scholtalbers <compuvision.sr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > How can i maintain the same GOP settings codification 
> > for both progressive and interlaced video files?
> > And how can i change the "scan type" into interlaced?
> > How can i change the "scan order" (Bottom Field First - 
> > Top Field First) for interlaced encoding?
> Don't know about the GOP, 

> I know mp4 don't know traditional Interlaced, they use MBAFF.

I may misunderstand this sentence, but it sounds very wrong.

Concerning (a part of) the original question:
If you have a progressive source and want an interlace 
output file, use the tinterlace filter.
If you have an interlaced source and want to make sure 
that the encoder knows about it for increased quality, 
tell it! (It depends on the encoder how.)
I am not 100% sure what you mean with "change scan order" 
but I believe the mp=phase filter can do it.

Carl Eugen

More information about the ffmpeg-user mailing list