[FFmpeg-user] last frame missing from mpeg2 and mpeg1 encodes

Chris Vincze chris-v at moving-picture.com
Mon Feb 25 18:12:23 CET 2013

On 22 Feb 2013, at 16:26, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

I am not saying there is no issue (I don't know), but the
issue is certainly not that the last frame is missing.

So it looks like the last frame is there, but just invisible to a lot of video players, such as quicktime player, and more importantly in browsers, but not it seems ffplayer

Can anyone suggest a way to make this last frame appear? I have tried encoding the same file in other encoders such as ContentAgent and Episode, and the last frame appears OK, and the file displays the same duration as the ffmpeg one.

Thanks for your help

Chris