[FFmpeg-user] AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV and MP4 to libx264 MP4 conversion bugs

Teshan Nanayakkara teshan87 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:23:21 CET 2013

Hi there,

I have used the following command line expression to compress and convert
AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV and MP4 files to libx264 MP4.

*ffmpeg -i abc.flv -vcodec libx264 -vf scale=-1:360 -qscale 7 -acodec
libvo_aacenc -ab 32 -ar 24000 abc.mp4*

To run this command I use PHP exec() function. I need to know the most
appropriate and the correct commands to convert each and every (above
mentioned) format to H.264 MP4 format without changing the aspect ratio and
video height less than or equal to 360 pixels. And with aac audio encoding
codec. Sometimes ffmpeg fails to convert above formats but not always. It
may be depending on the source file's codecs. So I need to know how the
above command should be modified to convert each video format mentioned
above.

Thanks