[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jan 5 08:49:49 CET 2013

Scott Goldman <scottg <at> emailhosting.com> writes:

> Its a pain.. I am trying to match the output and quality

(Depending on what you mean with above sentence, this
may simply be impossible because of how audio and video
encoding work.)

> of our existing Rhozet trans-coded files.

Unrelated:
Do they still (illegally) use FFmpeg?
Could you look into your EULA if it still
mentions FFmpeg?

> Frame size:1280x720

-s 1280x720

The remaining video options are all x264-specific,
I suspect most of them are default.

[...]

> Audio
> Audio Program Type MEPG-2 AAC-LC
> Channel Config:stereo
> Bitrate 48kbps
> sample rate 22.050
> sample width 16

-ar 22050 -ab 48k
(different aac encoders exist)

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen