[FFmpeg-user] Can I speed up transcoding?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 8 19:46:55 CET 2013

Am 08.01.2013 19:21, schrieb Leo Papadopoulos:
> So when a recording is saved to my server from this FLASH client, I use
> FFMPEG to transcode industry standard MP4 (MPEG + AAC)

so why you start with "transcode time for my 1m39s FLV vary...."?

and you are using REALLY -vcodec 'libx264' -acodec 'libfaac'?
-f mp4 is not enough to get H264 and x264 may behave very
different in multithreading as oder codecs/encoders

show us as usually requested here the FULL commadnline and
uncutted output which includes also the exatly used ffmpeg version