[FFmpeg-user] converting AV from mpeg_ts to mp4 container error

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 9 23:53:38 CET 2013

Albert Scholtalbers <compuvision.sr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> (Video: h264 ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B)): unspecified size
> Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration'
> and 'probesize' options

The file can be read / converted here with:
$ ffmpeg -analyzeduration 6M -i mpegts_not_convert_to_mp4.ts

The relevant message above is shown in a different colour
here to make it more visible, I don't think this can be
easily improved.
And since not all input is a (fast) harddrive, FFmpeg
developers do not consider it useful to always scan
the whole file.

Sorry about my last comment, this is how your mails look
like:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/42949/focus=42986
(It is unclear who of us wrote which part of
your mail.)

Carl Eugen