[FFmpeg-user] converting AV from mpeg_ts to mp4 container error

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:46:18 CET 2013

Dear Carl,

>The file can be read / converted here with:
>$ ffmpeg -analyzeduration 6M -i mpegts_not_convert_to_mp4.ts
>The relevant message above is shown in a different colour
>here to make it more visible, I don't think this can be
>easily improved.
>And since not all input is a (fast) harddrive, FFmpeg
>developers do not consider it useful to always scan
>the whole file.

Thx for the support, I've tested it and it worked :) In fact I've just this
option before, but I had put it after the input file. Didn't gave me any
warning or error, so I thought it worked. So the order is important,

> > Sorry about my last comment, this is how your mails look
> like:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/42949/focus=42986<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/42949/focus=42986>
> (It is unclear who of us wrote which part of
> your mail.)

Ok, I think the problem is tackled with inserting '>'in front of the
comment of the other party. Well confusing to work with tools who don't
have a preview or WYSIWYG. Maybe it's time to leave the 90's type of
communicating behind, install new OS forum software and give all forms off
communication a shiny new look. FFmpeg is evolving all the time, why not
the looks of the forum.......