[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file

Scott Goldman scottg at emailhosting.com
Thu Jan 10 16:01:46 CET 2013

   ----- Original Message -----From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
Sent: Wed, January 9, 2013 17:41Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] backtrack
parameters from existing file
Scott Goldman <scottg <at> emailhosting.com> writes:

> MUCH BETTER! We download ffpmeg and the 1.1 version

>Allow me to explain (again) that the recommended
>(and the only supported) version is always git
>head unless you are a distributor.
>(Are you a distributor?)
No. Sorry. I just got GIT to work and i have compiled that version and it
still gives the same issue:

  ffmpeg version N-48724-g91da6b9 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg
developers
  built on Jan 10 2013 09:40:21 with gcc 4.1.2 (GCC) 20080704 (Red Hat
4.1.2-46)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264
--enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree
<snipped>
  1_MIN_SD_QPP_3_6_REV18_P3.mxf: Operation not permitted59.62
bitrate=3039.7kbits/s

also, and this may be related, the m4 video start of with good lip-sync,
but as it plays,  the audio/video skew grows.

the original video is an MXF file 376meg long and plays for one minute.
how can i get it to you?  I believe the clip was exported from Quantel 3.6
Power Portal.

Can We email privately while we work this out?

BTW: I only have webmail for this account.. i am trying to inline post and
bottom post, but clearly not having success.

I appreciate the help and patience!

> correctly reads the Quantel 3.6 files (thanks!)..
> the only issue now is a "scary" message (3rd line
> from the bottom)
> SportsCenter_CGI_Elements.mxf: Operation not permitted

>How did you cut your sample? The message may indicate
>that the "end" of the file is missing.
>If it is uncut, there may be a bug, you could
>upload a sample.

Carl Eugen