[FFmpeg-user] --enable-libfdk-aac - not recognized

JoelB onephatcat at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 19:40:23 CET 2013

On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:39 PM, Lou <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:59:36 -0800
> Joel B <onephatcat at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Not sure where I would find git.log didn't use git to download the sources, used a few different web sites:
>>
>> svn checkout svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
>
> Why SVN? FFmpeg hasn't used SVN since 2011-01-19 and now uses Git.
> Source from SVN is outdated and not supported.
>
>> downloaded libfdk from the libfdk site on sourceforge
>>
>> downloaded libfaad2 and libfaac
>
> libfaad2 support was removed on 2010-06-20.
>
> Please use ffmpeg from current git head.
>
>> ./configure --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-shared --disable-mmx
>
> --disable-decoder=libvpx why?
>
> --enable-avfilter no longer an option
>
> --enable-filters no longer an option
>
> --enable-runtime-cpudetect generally not useful unless you're
> distributing ffmpeg
>
> --disable-mmx is not recommended
>
> --enable-pthreads is automatically detected

Hi,

-disable-mmx is what the "how to build on OS X site i was reading suggested, the other settings are what is reported by the ffmpeg that was distributed with Subsonic, so I wanted to essentially recreate that build with the additional ability to real time transcode to high quality AAC, if possible. Well even crappy sounding AAC would be better than silence which is what I get now streaming HLS with mp3 audio.

I was just about to publish a new release of SubsonicTV for Roku when I got beta tester reports that on older devices, there is no audio with the video, and I determined that this is due to lack of mp3 HLS audio support on the older hardware.

I want to create a build of ffmpeg that will support older devices that I can distribute to users with those devices.

Joel