[FFmpeg-user] mp4 seeking in flash

Jose Armando josearmando147 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 11:13:32 CET 2013

Hi,

I  transcode a video transport stream to mp4  and stream it. The transcoding command I use is:
ffmpeg -i video.ts -vcodec libx264  -acodec libfaac video.mp4

everything works fine except when the mp4 file is viewed with a flash player. Unfortunately, to seek into a video I must wait until it downloads everything previous to the point  I want to seek. The behaviour I need, is  to jump right to the point  I want and not wait for the preceding video part to download. I searched and found I need to encode to mp4v2 and not isom that I currently do. Can anyone tell me the correct options to do so or point me to the right direction. Any help is much appreciated.

Jose