[FFmpeg-user] newbie installation bug

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 14 11:16:41 CET 2013

mark edwards <edwardsmarkf <at> gmail.com> writes:

> scratch that last one.... my old friend came home:
>
> make  distclean   && ./configure --enable-libopus ;
> ERROR: opus not found

Since you posted different errors in this thread, I
fail to understand what fails / what you are trying
to fix ;-(

I suggest the following:
Please clone a new repository and run the following:
"./configure && make"
If this succeeds (= if a working ffmpeg executable is
made), please try:
"make distclean && ./configure --enable-libopus && make"

If the first attempt fails please report (but please do
not mention libopus again until the first try succeeds).

In both cases, "report" means the following:
You see a problem running make, you run make again and
see the (exact) same error message.
You then run "make V=1" and post the complete, uncut
console output of the last run (make V=1).
Please do not post the complete, uncut console output of
the first make call.

Carl Eugen