[FFmpeg-user] Audio sync issues when transcoding Hauppauge HDPVR content

tracey jaquith tracey at archive.org
Tue Jan 15 21:25:05 CET 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Scott Naef <snaef1 <at> mail.brookdalecc.edu> writes:
>
>> I have tried several options in FFMPEG such as
>> -async 1 but nothing I try seems to work.  I always
>> end up with about 1.5 second delay in video from audio.
>
> Please provide a sample that is long enough to
> easily (!) see the desync.
>
> And please provide the command line you tested
> for transcoding (ideally for the sample you
> provide) together with complete, uncut console
> output.
>
> Carl Eugen

Hi Scott,

I've had similar problems, and have posted recently with subject

confusion with "-vsync 1" / "-vsync cfr" and "-map" (to sync audio to video

to this forum.  We have a big TV archive that I run technically.

Try instead:
    -vsync 1
that's our smoking gun here.

(various attempts with args over years had various problems like these, for us, for various reasons, with our TV:
-vsync 0
-async 1
-muxdelay 5 -copyts -async 88200 -adrift_threshold 5 -dts_delta_threshold 5
)

YMMV, but it might help you!
-tracey