[FFmpeg-user] Make video from snapshots

Joana Moll joanamoll at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:44:59 CET 2013

Hi Anders,

I did something pretty similar about a year ago. Here is the ffmpeg code I
am using:

ffmpeg -y -r 7 -i ".folder path."img%d.jpg -r 7 -b 1000K -vcodec libx264
-flags +loop -me_method hex -g 250 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4
-bf 3 -b_strategy 1 -i_qfactor 0.71 -cmp +chroma -subq 8 -me_range 16
-coder 1 -sc_threshold 40 -flags2
+bpyramid+wpred+mixed_refs+dct8x8+fastpskip -keyint_min 25 -refs 3 -trellis
1  -directpred 1 -partitions -parti8x8-parti4x4-partp8x8-partp4x4-partb8x8
-threads 0 qt-faststart -y ".folderpath."video.mp4"

You can make it a lot more simple, but this code provides good light
quality outputs.

Joana.