[FFmpeg-user] removing audio from section of video

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:02:55 CET 2013

You can mute the sound (rather than deleting the audio track) with the volume
filter <http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#volume>, use `-filter:a
'volume=0'`. If you can get your head around it, you can probably use
asendcmd <http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#volume> in combination with
the volume filter to do what you want, but

>instead of battling with archane and seldom-used command-line
>options (to me) in cases like this, I normally just open the file in a
video
>editor and mute the required segment.

^this is probably the easiest answer.