[FFmpeg-user] Help: transform 'asyncts=first_pts=0' into new 'aresample' filter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jan 20 23:48:19 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:08:52PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Frank Häfemeier <ffmpeg <at> frank.haefemeier.eu> writes:
>
> > the latest ffmpeg version does not support the filter
> > 'asyncts'. It is deprecated and it is recommended to
> > use 'aresample' instead.
> >
> > Who know how to transform the filter
> > 'asyncts=first_pts=0' into the new one? Is it possible?
> > I am not familiar enough and searching an experienced user.
>
> Please provide a testcase, ie an input file that needs a
> filter together with a command line including
> complete, uncut console output.

id like to second this.

Adding a first_pts option to aresample if it cant be done with the
existing options or is too messy/complex is not hard but without a
testcase we would not know if it works as intended.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides