[FFmpeg-user] Unknown encoder 'libfaac'

Avelyne Goh avelyne_goh at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:06:54 CET 2013

> Your best bet is either to do that, or try to find another version of ffmpeg that does include an AAC encoder. This may be difficult as it's often not possible to find out what a particular ffmpeg compilation does and does not include other than by trial and error.
I see. I guess I will just stick with "aac -strict experimental" in this case as this command actually works for this particular FFMPEG version (built on Apr 16 2011 19:18:29 with gcc 4.5.2). The only reason why I am trying to get "libfaac" command to work is just because it was recommended by some places and that "aac -strict experimental" is said to be experimental and may cause bad results. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your quick response and advice Phil.