[FFmpeg-user] concat issue

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:51:37 CET 2013

You certainly *can* remux h.264 video and AAC audio into a transport
stream, though you have to use a couple of bitstream
filters<http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html>
:

    ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb 01.ts
    ffmpeg -i 02.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb 02.ts
    ffmpeg -i "concat:01.ts|02.ts" -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc output.mp4

However, I would strongly recommend using the concat demuxer, as it avoids
creating those intermediate files. Really, with recent ffmpeg you should
only use the concat protocol if your input files are already in one of the
formats that supports file-level concatenation (like mpeg, vob, or ts
files).