[FFmpeg-user] Problems with '-frames' option

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 08:31:01 CET 2013

On 24/01/13 21:27, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Tim Nicholson <nichot20 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> tim <at> V-devel2:~/test> ffmpeg_Jan-24 -i in.mov
>> -frames 43245 -y -f mov -map 0:v -map 0:a -flags +ildct
> -vf "scale=iw:ih:interl=1,format=yuv422p10le"
>> -c:v prores_kostya -profile:v 3 -c:a copy
>> -chunk_duration 20000 out.mov
>
> -frames works fine here for a random sample,
> please either provide the input sample or find

since the problem only manifests itself when the frame count gets to
circa 20000 on files of around 40000 frames I regret that all the files
it has  failed on are in the region of 50G so not really suitable to
upload. It has failed on all files I have tested, and on different
computers with different CPU and memory arrangements.

> the minimal combination of options to trigger
> the problem.
> (Or is "format=yuv422p10le" necessary to
> reproduce?)

The command line is a simplification of that which originally triggered
the issue. If you remove the filter section you will find that they are
auto reinserted as that is the required format for profile 3 prores so
they are there to ensure that the scaler is in interlaced.

I will try and see if I can get a simpler command line by using a
different codec.

> Thank you, Carl Eugen

Tim