[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Video Conversion

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 29 12:03:21 CET 2013

Palaniappan N <palani <at> i-waves.com> writes:

> at this point can you people suggest if we can
> upgrade to the latest version 1.1.1 "Fire Flower"
> from 0.10.3?

No, I suggest to update to current git head,
unless you are a distributor.

Please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
for information on how to get FFmpeg.

It is not absolutely necessary to install FFmpeg
(I never do), the executable made by "make" is
by default statically linked and works fine by
itself (and can be copied wherever you need it) -
but you can of course install.

[...]

> "The information contained in this e-mail (including
> any attachments) is intended by InfoWave for the use
> of the named individual or entity to which it is
> directed and is CONFIDENTIAL

Please understand that this sentence makes no sense in
an email sent to a public mailing list that is
mirrored many times on the internet.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen