[FFmpeg-user] A change in -timecode ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 8 23:25:45 CEST 2013

Bob Maple <bobm-ffmpeg <at> burner.com> writes:

>     timecode        : 01:00:00:00

Do I understand correctly that the output file
is correct (as far as timecode is concerned)
and that the message is the only bad thing?

(My problem is that I simply fail to understand
what a "timecode" could be, so I typically don't
understand the numerous reports connected to it.)

Iiuc, the message appears because ffmpeg (the
executable) translates "-timecode" to "-gop_timecode"
but neither encoder nor muxer react on the later
option (but they apparently react to another
setting from ffmpeg).

Carl Eugen