[FFmpeg-user] libavcodec documentation and usage

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:58:43 CEST 2013

> Okay, well, what headers should I use for what topics?

I have no idea; it's effectively impossible to post here without offending someone, somehow.

To your original point, I'd also like to use the libraries (to retrieve the first second or two of audio from various a/v files), but I too have been stymied by the almost complete lack of documentation. The unique parts of the libavcodec documentation on the ffmpeg site are three lines long, which seems a trifle inadequate for something weighing in at tens of kilobytes of source.