[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg connection process to a ISS publishing point

Sven Dueking sven at nablet.com
Thu Jul 18 13:43:25 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Does anyone knows the details about the connection process to a ISS
publishing point ?

What happens for instance here :

ffmpeg -re <normal input/transcoding options> -movflags isml+frag_keyframe
-f ismv http://server/publishingpoint.isml/Streams(Encoder1

As far as I understand ffmpeg pushed the IMSL file to the ISS publishing
point, is this correct ?

How is this handled ? Open the HTTP Url and send data ?

Any kind of information/link would be great, I checked the souce code, but
didn´t managed to understand the details yet.

Best,

Sven