[FFmpeg-user] j2k encoder/decoder status

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:56:43 CEST 2013

On date Thursday 2013-07-18 10:24:47 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
[...]
> > and what the short-term plan is or is this too early
> > to ask because this is still in progress?
>
> I suspect this is not the first time you ask such a
> question: Why do think there is a "plan"?
> Do you know how open-source development works?
> (And I don't mean kernel development that at least to
> some part is driven by hardware manufacturers.)

There is not a formal organization entity which makes plans but
usually developers do, and thus it makes sense to ask the question and
is IMO the right thing to do in order to avoid work duplication.

OTOH ffmpeg-user is not likely the best place where to ask, since many
contributors/developers don't follow it.
--
FFmpeg = Fiendish & Faithful Mortal Problematic Entertaining God