[FFmpeg-user] Is mixing of audio channels happening by default in ffmpeg?

Sam Marrocco smarrocco at ringsidecreative.com
Thu Jul 18 15:36:14 CEST 2013

On 7/18/2013 9:30 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

Sam Marrocco <smarrocco <at> ringsidecreative.com> writes:

Is it possible to manually (through commandline args)
tell it to copy all streams across without the
(apparently bugged) -map 0 option?

How is this option bugged?

Perhaps I am reading what you wrote incorrectly:

"Note that if you specify -map 0 (to copy all streams), all
output audio tracks except the first one will be silent....This is probably trivial to fix "

If when asked to copy all the streams with -map 0 (implying they will be copied as is) they are copied silent (without sound?) doesn't that imply that it does not work correctly? Shouldn't they be copied *with sound* and not silent? Or why would it need to be "fixed"? To me, this implies "bugged"? Am I reading this incorrectly?

sam marrocco | chief technical officer
ringside.cutters.picnic.moonlink

248 548 2500 w
248 910 3344 c