[FFmpeg-user] Problem with concat at the stitch point!

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Jul 24 11:17:43 CEST 2013

Le quartidi 4 thermidor, an CCXXI, Colin Barnette a écrit :
> Here's an example of my batch script to first encode:
>
> ffmpeg -i s7-1.avi -b:v 11000k 7-1.avi
> ffmpeg -i s7-2.avi -b:v 11000k 7-2.avi
> ffmpeg -i s7-3.avi -b:v 11000k 7-3.avi
> ffmpeg -i s7-4.avi -b:v 11000k 7-4.avi
>
> And the command I use to concat:
>
> ffmpeg -f concat -i list.txt -c copy 7-Final.avi
>
> And a portion of 'list.txt':
>
> file '7-1.avi'
> file '7-2.avi'
> file '7-3.avi'
> file '7-4.avi'

It should work fine, but I would suggest to try with a less brain-dead
format than AVI for the intermediate files before anything, for example NUT.

Note that since you are transcoding the packets anyway, you may be better
off using the concat filter, that works on decoded frames, than the concat
demuxer, that works on packets.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George