[FFmpeg-user] MP3 file max bit rate issue

samrat dut.samrat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:27:17 CEST 2013

I have tried to create a mp3 file with some specific parameter like maximum
bitrate , duration ,sampling rate, channel. For this I have used ffmpeg
Libmp3lame library with the following command ;

ffmpeg -i OLD1.mp3 -codec:a libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 56k -ac 2 -q:a 1 -t
00:03:00.000 -y NEW-1.mp3

Here we need to create a mp3 file with maxbit rate 56kbps. So I used -ab 56K
but unfortunately It creates with 64K max bit rate.
So I want to know , is there any other command to create the file with
proper maxbit rate?

and another question is what is the command in ffmpeg to get the max bit
rate?

Answer of the above two questions are relly helpful to me.

Thanks