[FFmpeg-user] uyvy422 psuedo 10-bit?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jul 27 12:17:47 CEST 2013

Bob Maple <bobm-ffmpeg <at> burner.com> writes:

> I'm doing some playing around with Quicktimes using
> Avid's codecs of which it has a couple;  "Avid 1:1"
> which is 8 bit, and "Avid Packed" which is 10-bit.
>
> ffmpeg is able to read both of these, but just
> identifies the pixel format for both as "uyvy422",
> which -pix_fmts shows as 16bpp, yet it reads the 10-bit
> version as well... though I'd expect to see a different
> pixel format at 20bpp.

The additional information may be there for "Avid Packed"
(AVup) but a lossless reference (v210?) will be needed to
be able to interpret it.

Unrelated to your question: Are you sure that the samples
are shown visually correct? I always wondered if
there are fields that have to handled specifically.

Carl Eugen