[FFmpeg-user] ntsc-dvd doesn't default to interlaced.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jul 28 04:40:58 CEST 2013

Andy Civil <andycivil <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > By going directly from 540 lines to 240 lines, you
> > skip the guessing game.
>
> Because it's being scaled, some lines will be
> directly taken from the input, some will be
> guesses, depending on how they fall, no?

That would not even be true for non-interlaced-aware
scaling afaict (and I suspect not even for a "simple"
implementation), and it is of course not true for
the interlace-aware scaling that FFmpeg provides.

(The idea is to scale two half-resolution images to
half the resolution of the output image.)

Carl Eugen