[FFmpeg-user] Is mixing of audio channels happening by default in ffmpeg?

Sam Marrocco smarrocco at ringsidecreative.com
Tue Jul 30 14:37:35 CEST 2013

On 7/29/2013 6:50 PM, Wayne Poll wrote:

Sorry this is so late as a response (I've been away) but the fix is easy Sam; you can exclude the ninth track like this....

./ffmpeg -i input.mxf -map 0 -map -0:9:0 -c copy -c:v prores -profile:v 3 output.mov

The "-map 0 -map -0:9:0" will tell ffmpeg to copy all streams EXCEPT stream 0:9 - which in my case is a metadata track (possibly TC - not sure).

HTH someone...

Wayne,
Definitely another useful piece of information, thanks.
Unfortunately I *do* need the ninth track (TC) so the tracks must be specified explicitly.

sam marrocco | chief technical officer
ringside.cutters.picnic.moonlink

248 548 2500 w
248 910 3344 c