[FFmpeg-user] Create slideshow with ffmpeg from still images

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:48:00 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-30 12:54 PM, thljcl wrote:
> If you file size is your concern,  ...

My interest was really intellectual/academic; I had seen a tutorial on Java
where the video seemed out of sync with the voiceover, and when I analysed it I
found that the thing had simply been produced with a frame rate of 1 fps. I
thought it should be possible to do this much more efficiently. (I'm a fan of
efficiency, sometimes as an end in itself!)

At first, I thought your method wasn't working well because the photography
slideshow was over 100MB, but the 'relativity' thing you posted was very good,
and I'm convinced that your process is useful.

I think it would be a good way to distribute tutorials (slideshow with
voiceover) especially to places where data rate is an issue. Being able to vary
the slide delay (to make the slide appear at the right point in the narrative)
is the feature that is missing from other "make a slideshow with FFmpeg"
suggestions.

--
Andy